Although many insurance companies offer psychotherapy as part of their coverage, it is not included in all plans. Before beginning psychotherapy, please contact your insurance to ask if psychotherapy coverage is included in your plan and if there are any limitations to the type, duration and provider.
Questions to ask, include:
- How many sessions are covered in a given year?
- Does the insurance cover all of the costs of each session?
- When is the start of the year? (January 1 or does the insurance use another date?)
- Is a physician referral required?
- Do I have to see a certain provider?
Fees are in accordance with the Gebührenordnung der Psychologische Psychotherapeuten.